From the POA Board to The Point Residents, we hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and wish you and your family the very best in 2020!
With a new year ahead, we have a few updates/ changes to communicate out to POA members…
HAWTHORNE MANAGEMENT BILLING CHANGES:
The following IMPORTANT INFORMATION was also included with recent statements mailed from Hawthorne Management Company. Please note, THE ADDRESS TO SEND POA DUES HAS CHANGED. Please update your personal on-line banking and address on file for sending standard mail payments to: P.O. Box 844692, Boston MA 02284-4692. Please include the account number when you remit a payment.
- Owners using the Hawthorne Management Company website Homeowner Login and third party “PayLease” to make payments do not need to update account number or mailing address.
- If the POA dues (assessments) change, recurring payment amounts set-up online through either your personal bank or PayLease must be updated by the property owner. Please be sure you log in and update the payment amount if and when the dues change.
- Account numbers changed not long ago to streamline processing and reduce the opportunity for error. Payments sent with the previous account number will be processed.
- New and improved statements show details of all charge and payment activity in the current period PLUS any charges due for the upcoming period.
- The statement takes the place of previous billing and past due notice routines. Coupon booklets with multiple tear out installments will no longer be used.
- Statement includes activities as of the ”Billing Date” listed on the top right corner. Payments received after this date will not be reflected on the statement. Payments are not considered late and subject to fees or penalties until the past due period described on the statement.
- To receive future statements electronically, please follow the instructions described on the statement.
- In order to keep pace with advancing technology and service levels, payments are now received and processed at a facility in Boston, MA (one of the nation’s select financial hubs). Payments sent to and received at the previous Atlanta, GA mailing address will be automatically forwarded for a period of time.
Thank you for your attention to these important updates and changes. Please do not hesitate to contact Hawthorne Management directly via phone at 704-377-0114 or e-mail www.hawthornemgmt.com with further questions.
BENFIELD SANITATION SERVICES (BSS) 2020 SCHEDULE:
Please see the new Holiday and Recycling Calendars for 2020. This information is also located on BSS’s website at www.bsstrash.com.
Please keep in mind that criminals look for easy targets and other potential advantages particularly on holiday weeks/ times when many people travel. Please keep your doors locked at all times, park vehicles in the garage or keep the doors locked, do not leave valuables in your vehicle, and keep garage doors closed, even during the day. If you have a home security system, turn it on when you are gone and also at night along with outdoor lights. Also, secure loose items on any boats or docks.
Emergencies, Non-Emergencies and Reporting a Crime:
If you have a fire, medical or life-threatening emergency call 911. For all Sheriff, Fire or EMS non-emergencies call 704-878-3100. This is the direct line to dispatch and is the best number to call for the quickest response.
Next Board Meeting:
Our next Board meeting will be held at 9:00 AM on January 21, 2020. If you wish to address the Board with relevant issues that apply to our community, please contact our management company at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-377-0114 by January 14th.